Sunday, October 6, 2013

Traditional Wedding makeup and Gele (African Style)

I started makeup about 11 years ago back home in Nigeria, which I did for about 5 years before moving to the US. One thing that I knew for sure was that I had to learn how to tie our head wraps, popularly known as "gele". I learnt the art of tying gele's through Banke Meshida and as time has progressed, I must say I have gotten pretty good at it! However, I am not sure why people do not believe that I can tie gele's???? Quite honestly I can't tell you why. Most times I find myself trying to convince people that I can actually tie the head wraps, irrespective of if it is aso-oke or the "hard" gele...and no people, I will not be needing pins!! (I get that question alot...do you want me to get you pins??). So, I decided to showcase two of my brides from this summer with gele and makeup done by me...Enjoy!









Psalm 139:14 - "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works and my soul knows it very well"

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I love the lipstick on the lady with the green gele traditional outfit, are you able to tell me what is it please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Funke...its the MAC Ruby Woo lipstick.

      Delete